Saturday, September 8, 2012

Down 6 lbs, Unbelievable Juice Recipes

Today is day 6 of my juice diet. I was a little bummed the last day or so because I hadn't noticed any big changes in my weight. Well, today when I weighed myself this morning, I was down 6lbs YEAH!!!
I was thrilled and the last time I did this I was desperately ready to quit by the sixth day and I don't feel like that this time. I feel like I could keep going for who knows how long.
 
Last night I made something a little sweeter, I was feeling down and wanted to indulge a little. Here's the recipe:
1 pineapple, chopped and diced with core skin removed
1 large zucchini
1 large cucumber (which was more like 2)
Stevia to taste
 
This came out sooooo good. Very yummy, but I know to keep losing I have to stay with the veggies.
 
The one for lunch today was unreal. Usually it's hard to say that for a veggie juice. I really like V8 juice and at the health food store they have some good ones, but this was sooo good.
 These are the herbs I used.
 
V8 Recipe:
1/4 bunch basil, parsley
4-5 stems and leaves of cilantro
1 stem rosemary, thyme leaves removed
10 stems if chives diced
3-4 flower heads from garlic chives
1 head romaine lettuce heart
1 lemon peeled
5 carrots
the stops from 3 of the carrots chopped up
1 large zucchini
1 large cucumber
About 2 lbs of heirloom tomatoes
I mixed yellow and red tomatoes
1 orange bell pepper
celery salt to taste
garlic salt to taste
 This is the carrot tops
My beautiful heirloom tomatoes
 
Now this made about 70 ounces so I put the extra in quart jars and sealed them up tight. The great thing about this juice is it tastes a little like salsa which I have missed doing a juice feast. You could also add some cayenne but, some people find that irritating on a feast so maybe when I'm off.  Everything except the lemon came from my back yard garden. I'll really miss my garden when the season changes :(
This is what I will probably finish the day with. ENJOY!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear your ideas, please be kind to all and considerate.